The summer can be a hectic time for everyone. Between kids home from school, weekend jaunts to the lake, family reunions, and just trying to get more done in the summer months; many people know the summer market is a good time to move but overwhelmed with one more thing on their plate. Here are some tips to consider making a summer move in time for the next school start:
- Start now… the plan in your head may or may not be realistic. Our team of agents is always available to discuss your options, timeline and budget so scheduling time for a consultation can create a huge advantage for you. Our agents are skilled in creating the right plan to meet your objectives. So if your best opportunity is to wait, they’ll be the first to tell you.
- The garage AND home are for sale… not only is the summer the best time to move from a weather standpoint, it’s also a great time for garage sales. The nature of the season lends itself well to clearing out unwanted items and maybe even providing potential buyers a sneak peak of your home before it goes on the market. We’ve often promoted homes during a neighborhood garage or estate sale with good success.
- Technology… Yes, some people would cringe at the idea of making an offer on a home they haven’t seen in person but summer vacation shouldn’t stop you from actively looking at homes. No need to miss the perfect house if you are out of town, this last month we’ve placed two buyers under contract in homes they hadn’t physically walked through. Instead our agents knew their likes and dislikes well enough then Face-timed them when viewing the home on their behalf. And not to worry… there are negotiation techniques we employ to make sure there is no buyer remorse and ultimately approved by the buyer when they were able to take a physical walk through.
- Balancing a sale and purchase… while most people find themselves in the spot where they have to sell before they can buy, strategy is everything. Getting your home in prime condition to sell is essential. A full staging plan and understanding and potential repairs of your home can be the difference between a quick sale and months on the market. Negotiation is the key to moving once – and if your particular situation calls for a backup plan, we’ve got plenty of options to help you navigate a temporary move. If your agent is not talking strategy with you, you have the wrong agent.
- Interest Rates… The cost to get a mortgage has declined this summer and a fixed 30 year rate is back under 4%. The big question is how much longer rates are staying at this level. The bottom line is the lower the interest rate the more house you can buy for the same payment. With an election year ahead of us, who knows what level of uncertainty will come with it. What we can assure you is that right now in this summer season, there is opportunity to make a great real estate decision with a Group O’Dell agent guiding you.