Thinking of selling this year? Curb appeal is your home’s first impression and where buyers spend most time. Here are a few tips to get top dollar.
- Wash the exterior of your home. Cobwebs and grime can be quickly washed away with a power wash and don’t forget the windows!
- Paint. Nothing says “well maintained” better than a fresh coat of exterior paint and make sure the front door look equally fresh. Call us at1-913-599-6363 “before” you choose a color.
- Repair or Replace the Roof. If your roof is suspect of performance we are glad to provide guidance so you gain every advantage during negotiations.
- Pay attention to details. Keep style and finish of your house numbers, exterior lights, and door hardware consistent. Whether they need polishing or replacement take a critical look and think like a buyer. Don’t forget a fresh welcome mat at the door or even spruce up the front door with a fresh coat of paint.
- Snap a picture from the street. What do you see? An overgrown tree covering the front of the house? Are those bushes and shrubs covering the facade of the house? Remember your landscape should enhance the house not cover it up. Trimming and fresh much are critical when maximizing curb appeal.
- Fence repair. While it’s true we can’t control our neighbors sometimes we have to get neighbor cooperation to make a repair to a shared fence. As great as your yard looks, it can really be a major distraction if part of the fence is falling down or in need of maintenance.
- Declutter. Check out the spots where kid’s toys gather, old trash cans are piled up or even garden hoses that don’t have a home after each use. Keep enough outdoor furniture to enhance decks and patios, fresh pots of flowers and pretty accessories like outdoor pillows and lanterns and store all the rest of It away.
Even if you’re not planning to sell any time soon, updating and maintaining your home regularly shows you take pride in owning it.