New construction for single family housing experienced significant growth in 2012 over 2011 and reached the highest number since 2007. The total overall growth was distributed fairly evenly among the top counties including Johnson County with 37 percent. 2012 ended up 43% over last year with 3,299 compared to 2,301 in 2011. Overland Park had 353 single family units while Olathe had 457 total units.
Statistics show that 2009 through 2011 were the lowest permitting activity in thirty years. But all that has changed now. If you drive around Johnson County, evidence of heavy equipment and construction crews are everywhere. Some of the current hot subdivisions that epitomize the current average new home sales price of $452,392 are as follows: BlueStem, Coffee Creek Crossing, Forest View, Grey Oaks, Mills Farm, Prairie Farms , Prairie Point, and Wyngate.
At Group O’Dell these are just some of the ways we can serve a client through the construction process:
- Researching builders that we’ve never worked with and recommending those that we have had great experience with.
- Leveraging our relationships with builders to create advantages for our clients.
- Negotiating standard and non-standard items to get the best deal for our clients.
- Regular on-site progress reports.
- Providing valuable input of lot locations, upgrades, and finishes maximizing your investment.
- Following up with the builder through the all important warranty period and beyond.