Keep Out the Rain Program is available to some of Kansas City, Missouri residents for 2 more years.
The program is designed to divert rain water from the sewer system, not specifically to prevent basement flooding or sewer back up issues, though it will help. This program provides:
- Free sewer inspection (15-20 minutes)
- Certified plumber
- Free sump-pump or sump pit if recommended
- Free electrical upgrade if needed for the sump-pump if recommended
- Free rain water and “grey sewer” separation if recommended
- Free redirection of down spouts and storm drains if recommended
*Additional work may be paid for by the homeowner at the time of repair.
To find out if your property is approved for this program, look here: http://www.kcmo.gov/rain/. If your property isn’t on this list, you might want to go ahead and ask, as KCMO is reviewing these needs on a case by case basis.